EARTH MAMA. Herbal Prenatal Postnatal Tonic. Vitamin + Mineral Elixir. (8oz)
$44 + Free Shipping
This herbal alcohol-free extract is made with mothers in mind – a nourishing elixir rich in vitamins, minerals, and probiotics for the pre-conception, prenatal, postpartum, and nursing season of a mother’s life (and beyond).
This nourishing, grounding, vitamin-mineral-probiotic rich elixir is excellent in the season of motherhood, but also beneficial in all other seasons of womanhood.
Made as an oxymel (a delicious raw apple cider vinegar + honey base), liquid extracts like this are preferable over multivitamin pills. This is whole plant medicine, not questionably sourced isolates or extracts. Liquid extracts have faster absorption rates, higher optimization rates, and are more easily digestible. Many women during pregnancy have issues swallowing pills, and you won’t have that with this delicious elixir.
We can greatly benefit from organic, whole-plant remedies that are easily absorbable and utilized by our bodies. We all know our soils are depleted and we don’t always eat the optimal, ancestral diet all the time, so medicine like this ensures the extra dose of nutrients in a safe (not artificial and super concentrated) way. High quality and potent plant medicines made with love and blessings are truly the highest vibration option.
– A liquid prenatal is more easily absorbed and digestible
– This is a truly “whole-food” formula; all nutrients are in their natural compounds found in nature, not isolates made in a lab
– Living medicine includes natural probiotics, vitamins and minerals, enzymes, and more
– Small mama-owned business (not big corporation) means it can truly be filled with prayer and blessings, which affects the final product
All Ingredients are Organic or Wildcrafted
- Nettle Leaf: Nettle has a long history as a medicinal remedy and highly nutritive edible vegetable/tonic high in vitamins (A, B-complex, C, K, Folate), minerals (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc), and antioxidants. It also is a long-standing folk remedy for seasonal allergies. Nettle also supports balanced energy levels throughout the day. Overall, nettle leaf nourishes, strengthens, and tones.
- Red Raspberry Leaf: Any prenatal herbal blend will contain this plant because it is truly an ally for women’s health. Red raspberry leaf is rich in vitamins (A, C, E), minerals (Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc), and antioxidants (tannins, flavonoids). It supports strengthening and toning the uterus and pelvic area, and is also an effective remedy for morning sickness. It has traditionally been used in pregnancy to support a more effective birth and supporting milk production and reducing bleeding in the postpartum time. For women who are not pregnant, it has been shown to ease menstrual discomfort, improve reproductive health and hormone balance.
- Dandelion Leaf: Dandelion leaf is a safe and mild nutritive herb known as a liver tonic. Dandelion leaf supports the liver during pregnancy when there is an excess of blood and hormones. It is also a great nutritive herb, known for being high in Vitamin A and C, as well as Iron, Calcium, Potassium, and other trace elements.
- Wildcrafted Peach Leaf: Peach leaf is an excellent remedy for soothing the digestive system. It’s also in the rose family so carries the energetic imprint of rose medicine, acting as a balm to the heart and teacher of self-love through boundaries.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is another common pregnancy tonic, and is high in a number of vitamins: A, B, D, K, and contains supportive digestive enzymes. The high vitamin K content helps with blood clotting.
- Oatstraw: Oatstraw is a calming nervine and supports the ups and downs of life. Oatstraw is known to relieve anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia.
- Lemon Balm – another calming herb, lemon balm helps with everything from anxiety to indigestion to insomnia. Many feel it also brings an uplifted mood. It’s also rich in vitamin C and contains smaller amounts of vitamins A, E, and K, as well as minerals (Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc) and is antioxidant-rich.
- Wildcrafted Rose Hips – Rose hips are the fruit of rose plants, and contains one of the highest antioxidant contents, including vitamin C and a number of other compounds, which support the immune system, collagen synthesis, and provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Orange Peel – Orange peel not only provides a lovely scent and flavor, it is also high in nutrients, including vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as containing pre-biotics that support digestive health.
- Wildcrafted Mint – Another digestive health support, mint often rounds out a formula for its flavor and provides its own host of vitamins and minerals too, particularly: Vitamin A, Iron, Folate, and Manganese.
- Fennel Seed – Fennel is well-known as a digestive aid and supporter of milk production in the postpartum time. It also has a delicious taste!
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – When raw, apple cider vinegar is probiotic and antioxidant rich. It’s also a natural antibacterial, promoting balance within your body and immune system.
- Raw Honey – When raw, honey is delicious and loaded with beneficial vitamins, minerals, probiotics, enzymes, and antioxidants. It’s also soothing to the digestive system and has been considered a sacred food by many traditional cultures for thousands of years.
These are just the short versions of plant profiles. Each plant/food here is a powerhouse of nutrition and energetic benefits.
Holistic prenatal care.
This is a formula I’ve used in herbal infusions for years
But when I thought about healing a deeper sense of depletion after having my daughter and preparing to get pregnant again, I wanted deeper nourishment. A more potent and shelf-stable version.
Pregnancy is a beautiful, healing, and regenerative time – and it also requires a lot from our bodies and nutrient stores.
Real “food based” vitamin supplements are very rare (take a look at the label). The vast majority are isolates, derivatives, and compounds formed in a lab. We would be shocked if we knew the origin of some of these isolates. Not only that, but they are in forms that would not ever be found in foods naturally.
We all know our soil is depleted and most of us don’t eat a rich ancestral diet – and additional vitamins, minerals, and probiotics from herbal medicine might be a necessity in these times, especially during the motherhood continuum. A time where is so much output and nutrient download into our growing children.
Nothing is more important than prioritizing your nourishment during motherhood – not only for your children, but to support your thriving health into your elderhood. In additional to an ancestral-to-you and intuitive way of eating, herbal remedies are on this planet to support us as well.
I truly believe that we can not get that from artificial vitamin pills with rapidly losing-potency powders, that give us a false sense of security and connection. We more easily get what we need from potent herbal medicine, which contains all of the plant compounds naturally found in nature, including the spirit and life force of each plant. None of this can be replicated with extractions or on a mass scale.
Earth Mama Herbal Pre-Postnatal Multivitamin Elixir is formulated with mothers in mind, particularly during pre-conception, pregnancy, and while nursing. It will also be beneficial for mothers at all stages to replenish and nourish, especially those that feel depleted.
For women outside of these windows, these are all excellent herbs for any season of womanhood, too. Blackberry/peach leaves have a medicinal purpose of digestion support and easing nausea, but if you are not pregnant, it will be still be supportive as an overall digestive tonic.
Overall, this is an herbal remedy rich in vitamins, minerals, probiotics, enzymes, herbal allies for women, and living love – excellent for all seasons of life to feel NOURISHED.
Usage + Safety
Made with love, blessings, and prayer for thriving health + well-being
Dosage: take 1-3 teaspoons per day. Safe for ages 1+ in dosages starting at 1/4 teaspoon.
When stored optimally in a cool, dark place, lasts 2 years
(Art commissioned by me, created by Chelsea Skye)