15. Creating Sacred Space with Girls + Being the Wise Auntie – Laura Prentice
In this episode, I talk to Laura Prentice, a woman who leads circles and classes for girls ages 9-18.
We talk about:
– About Laura’s current maiden circle
– Integrating ritual, body literacy/awareness and seasonal connection into older girls’ lives
– A girl’s longing to be in community and in circle
– Cultivating a simple, sacred circle through ritual Laura’s path to working with girls + becoming a FAM and body educator
– How to speak to girls about the magic in their bodies + modeling for the younger girls
– The more challenging parts of holding circle space + how having multiple facilitators is helpful
– The role of mothers and “aunties” in a girl’s life
– About Laura’s women + girls festival, where there will also be a menarche ceremony for girls
– The five blood mysteries, girls vs. boys rites of passage and red tent initiation
– The inherent nature of initiation within a girl’s/woman’s body
– The Crone/Priestess/Menopause time in a woman’s life
– Sacred songs for the death portal
– Laura’s current + future offerings, including her mentorship to support women in starting these circles in their own community in-person.
Laura Prentice is a Fertility Awareness educator. She works with girls who crave deep connection with their bodies, helping them gain a sense of ease and peace around their fertility, health, and pregnancy choices. She runs maiden circles, FAM and cycle classes, and is offering her first women + girls festival in Spring of 2023 in North Texas. You can find Laura on www.beldamwomancare.com and Instagram @beldamwomancare
Join us at MaidenFire Festival April 13-17 in North Texas! If this is an event that calls to you, I’d love you to use my affiliate link HERE (Note on this: I’ll be using affiliate commission to buy my own ticket. I’d honestly be sharing this either way – Laura is my real life friend, and I am a huge advocate for women’s festivals and women’s-only spaces).